Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Team Crisis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!







OK! I can no longer keep this bottled in: so Osama and Nadim hit it off and initially I was pleased with that, but it is becoming a little annoying; examples are abound: one of them sneezes and the other goes “bless you”, “are you ok?”, “oh the allergies, must be hard”, “sa77a” while when I sneeze my lungs out, the conversation goes on as if nothing happened, well, one of them may have to repeat his last sentence with an irritated tone for the rude interruption by my sneeze. I first noticed this, when while driving the stick shift car, eating peanuts, drinking coke and trying to take some pictures (I have to do everything on this trip), I choke on a peanut; naturally, no one notices, and the conversation goes on, while I had to perform the Heimlich maneuver on myself, and continue to eat peanuts, switch gears, take pictures ..etc. To top it off, 10 minutes after the peanut incident, while I am driving on a beautiful road in Serbia heading to the Bulgarian border, we notice the beauty of the valley; next I am parked on the side of this single lane heavily trafficked road, my life on the line, while they are pausing for each other (see pictures). And finally, we drive into a tunnel and I literally can’t see anything because the headlights are so dim, a few hours later at night while Osama is driving, Nadim starts revealing certain buttons in the car that tremendously enhances the situation. Why this was not revealed when I almost ran into a semi inside the tunnel is beyond me. Oh Roy,
where art thou?

Rebuttal: Pure paranoia! Of course this can only come from someone who can only shift a stick and nothing else. The responsibility for keeping the route is with others because Jamal cannot read a map or read road signs, including those indicating the maximum speed. Can anybody be surprised if a “Heimlich maneuver” is necessary when you eat peanuts, drink coke, snap pictures and drive at the same time??!! Actually you don’t need the fog light when you enter a 15 inch tunnel in broad day light and forget that you are wearing sunglasses. I hope the point is clear?

3 comments:

  1. "I first noticed this, when while driving the stick shift car, eating peanuts, drinking coke and trying to take some pictures." But dad, you can't multitask!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamal, your TEAM CRISIS piece is so funny I could not stop laughing even though I was sitting by myself. I can't believe Osama and Nadim are treating you like this - shame!!! Shame!!!

    You and Nadim have been great keeping us updated with regular postings on the blog. Keep them coming!!!! Miss you all and wish we were with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that Nadim is on his way, now I get all of Osama's attention!!!

    ZeeZ ya habibi, I always thought multitasking was not my forte, but given the blog above, I guess I can ;->

    ReplyDelete