Friday, May 13, 2011

Going back and forth in the Mediterranean

After a long horrible journey the ferry finally arrived in Port Said only for us to be refused entry and told that they could not guarantee our safety in Egypt because of the political situation. We must now return to Mersin in Turkey and see what happens there. We might have to fly to Amman if we can do something with the cars. Another option is to drive back to Germany.
The Jordanian organizers are checking to see if it is possible to drive through Syria.
Looks like our name "Odyssey" is turning into a premonition.

3 comments:

  1. I am speachless .. my thoughts are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. incredible - unbelievable - so sorry Nadim for all the hardship - have a safe return trip - soon it'll all be a past memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theank you my friends. It is already a memory for a life time. I think I will enjoy telling the story over and over again. Sorry Osama that there was no time to say goodbye. I am confident that we will meet with you and Maha one day. This is by the way an open invitation to visit us in Germany!

    ReplyDelete